The Board of Management is the decision making body of the school and is made up
of eight members. They hold a four year term of office. It comprises of the Chairperson,
Principal, two parent nominees (a father and a mother), two patron nominees, one
teacher and two community nominees elected by the Board of Management. The Board
of Management meets regularly each year.
Functions of the Board of Management
Boards of Management are responsible for the direct government of schools. The duties
of the Board of Management include the following:
· The appointment of teachers and ancillary staff;
· Approving school closures;
· Approving teacher absences for a variety of reasons;
· The appointment of teachers to deputy/principal and other posts of responsibility;
· Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation; and
· Ensuring that schools are adequately insured and maintained.
Present Members of the Board of Management for the term 2015-2019 are: